Traveling is something that leaves you speechless and then turns you into a storyteller. In today’s world, it has become a necessity for people to be confined to a particular place and remain tied to work. Breaking away from such a tedious routine is what everyone would love to do. So, how about traveling to Ranchi the capital city of Jharkhand this vacation. The city not only has stunning landscape views but also reveals the rich cultural heritage of the past. Here are some of the best places to visit in Ranchi.
Taste a bit of Ranchi by visiting the below-mentioned 16 must-go places to visit in Ranchi to satisfy your appetite for travel.
Let’s categorize it in a way to make it much easier for you all.
1. Waterfalls in Ranchi
While going out with family and friends for a picnic, waterfalls are considered to be the best tourist attractions. So, below mentioned are the top 5 waterfalls of Ranchi.
- DASSAM FALLS:-The dassam falls is 40 km from Ranchi on NH33 off Ranchi-Jamshedpur highway. The fall is a natural cascade across the Kanchi river.
- JONHA FALLS:-Jonha Falls is located in Ranchi district which is 40km away from the city Ranchi. It is approachable by both road and train.
- HUNDRU FALLS:-The Hundru falls is the 34th highest waterfall in India. It’s one of the most famous tourist places of Ranchi. It is 45 Kms from the city Ranchi, off the Ranchi-Purulia road.
- HIRNI FALLS:-The hirni falls is 62kms from Ranchi off Ranchi-Chaibasa road. It is situated in a dense forest area. Hirni has been blessed by nature for scenic beauties.
- PANCHGAGH FALLS:-Panchgagh falls is a tourist’s preference for being viewed as the safest of all as the waterfalls from a lesser height which makes it safe for the visitors. It is 55 Kms from Ranchi, off Ranchi-Chaibasa highway on NH75.
2. Religious sites (Temples) in Ranchi
- JAGANNATH TEMPLE:-Jagannath temple was built by the king of Barkagarh Jagannathpur, Thakur Anish Nath Shahdeo during 1691. It’s located about 10 Kms from the main town and is situated on the top of a small hill rock.
- DEORI MANDIR:-Deori Mandir is a very old temple of goddess Durga. The main attraction is that the idol has 16 hands. The temple is made up of big stones one over the other without any cementing material in between. It’s 10kms from Ranchi, off Ranchi –Tata road.
- SUN TEMPLE:-Sun temple is built beautifully in the form of a huge chariot with seven horses ready to take it off. It’s about 39 Kms from Ranchi, off Ranchi- Tata road near Bundu.
- PAHADI MANDIR:-The temple of Lord Shankara (Shiva) is situated in the heart of the city on a hill offering beautiful and peaceful views of the countryside. It is located near the Ratu road, in Ranchi.
3. Historic beauty and culture
- RANCHI MUSEUM:-Ranchi museum stays open from Tuesday to Sunday from 10am to 5 pm. To have a look of a wide range of cultural, historical and artistic heritage one must visit there.
- TAGORE HILL:-Tagore Hill is also known as morabadi hill as it is situated in morabadi, Ranchi. It’s the place of attraction due to its connection with great poet Rabindranath Tagore.
- RATU PALACE:-Once home to Maharajas of Ratu, it’s an elaborated royal palace dating to 1901.
4. Parks and Gardens
- BIODIVERSITY PARK:-Biodiversity park is developed with an aim to conserve rare and imperative plants, trees, medicinal herbs, and animals. It is developed in a huge area of 542 acres of land.
- ROCK GARDEN:-The rock garden is situated at a distance of about 4kms from Ranchi, off Ranchi-chaibasa Kanke road. It’s a landscape park overlooking Ranchi lake, featuring a flower garden and children’s play area.
- OXYGEN PARK:-Oxygen park is also known as Nilambar Pitambar Park situated in morabadi, Ranchi. It’s a good place to be visited with the family.
5. Patratu Valley
Drive to Patratu valley in Ranchi is one of the top activities to do in the city. The place is 40kms from Ranchi, totally into its lush greenery.
It’s better to see something once than to hear about it a thousand times, visit the places you want to say the stories about as the world is all yours to explore. We hope that you like our list of places to visit in Ranchi.